What's happening in congress

If what you have to say does not belong any where else.
The Celt
NEWB
NEWB
What's happening in congress

Post by The Celt » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Hopefully the republicans and tea party candiates that were elected will act like winners and not wimp out like the last time the republicans controlled congress.
They need to act like winners and forget about "reaching across the aisle" or " bipartisan co-operation". They need to act like Mongols and ride rough shod over the democarts. The DNC and the communist president now in office have done everything they can to ruin this country. If we (I mean the American people) don't fix things now and win big in 2012 we could forever lose our chance to save the US.

Shadowmaster
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Re: What's happening in congress

Post by Shadowmaster » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Depending on your definition of wimp out, what they worked out on the budget could go either way. The conservatives did give in on our money paying for abortion on a nation wide level, but at least the D.C. area is no longer a public funded unborn kill zone.

As far as budget cutting, the right held the line and got what they wanted :D . But when you do the math, if you compare the feds budget to a lower middle income familie budget of $30,000, the cut about $30 out of it, or 1/10 of 1%. Woo hoo. You go government officials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
THE SHADOWMASTER
:axe Hammering spammers since 2006. :axe

star87
Truth Seeker
Truth Seeker

Post by star87 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:59 pm

I think The Celt is right. This isn't a time to play tiddly winks with our friends across the aisle. It's time to pull out the belt and say, "This is how we're going to do it and we're going to do it right now." When I was a kid, if there was a problem, there was no negotiating. You found a solution and you ran with it until the problem was solved. This crisis cannot be absolved by people playing nice and trying to give tit for tat. No. Cut funding for the programs that destroy America (i.e. Planned Murder...I mean Planned Parenthood) and put that money towards things we need (like our military). I won't yell "WoooHoooo!" to celebrate anything less than a total upset of current political behavior. I want a new government that is by the people and for the people...and I want it NOW!
May it be a light for you in dark places when all other lights go out.

Shadowmaster
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Post by Shadowmaster » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:08 am

I actually agree with you 2. Though with the libtrards still in control of the congress, it will be hard to get a real cut in social spending, or any where else. I hope that soon the sheople of this country will wake up, smell the coffee and realize what that the politicians have been been doing to this nation.
THE SHADOWMASTER

star87
Truth Seeker
Truth Seeker

Post by star87 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:25 pm

I hate to sound cliche, but I firmly believe that the Tea Party Movement is our last, best hope for peace. (Shadowmaster will understand that reference) If they do not do what they have set out to do, then all is lost. This is our last ditch effort to change this nation and put it back on the right track. Honestly, though, my fear is that it is too late. I doubt the American people are in a place to listen to the truth when they have been fed lies, deceit, fear, and hate for so many decades.
May it be a light for you in dark places when all other lights go out.

Shadowmaster
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Post by Shadowmaster » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Ahhh, one must have patience, as changing anything takes time. Navigating our governmental system is like walking through molasses, its slow, it can get sticky, but if you ever give up you will sink and drown. Giving up is just what the left wants.
THE SHADOWMASTER