The Government Shuts It's Doors

ANY STUPID CRAP PUT HERE JUST TO LEAVE A POST WILL BE DELETED!
All posts must be rooted in reality.
Forum rules
Forum rules
ANY STUPID CRAP PUT HERE JUST TO LEAVE A POST WILL BE DELETED!
1. All posts must be rooted in reality.
2. All rumors must have a source, and it must be quoted if you are called out on it.
3. The Shadowmaster makes all decisions on what is acceptable.
star87
Truth Seeker
Truth Seeker
The Government Shuts It's Doors

Post by star87 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 pm

So...I"ve been hearing alot about the government "shutting down" (as the liberal media calls it). Any new news?
May it be a light for you in dark places when all other lights go out.

Shadowmaster
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Re: The Government Shuts It's Doors

Post by Shadowmaster » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Ya, the news is bad, the idiots on both sides came to a compromise and the government is funded through the rest of their fiscal year, September I believe.
THE SHADOWMASTER
:axe Hammering spammers since 2006. :axe

star87
Truth Seeker
Truth Seeker

Post by star87 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:02 pm

It figures that they would save their own butts at the expense of the country. Swine.

The Celt
NEWB
NEWB

Post by The Celt » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:30 pm

I had an economics teacher tell me once that if the government collapsed today the country would keep running by itself. He said big business could actually keep the country running as long as the collapse of the fed wasn't caused by nuclear war, invasion or some other catastrophic event. If the state governments were left intact I think we'd be ok.

Shadowmaster
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Post by Shadowmaster » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 am

If I remember my teachings from school correctly, the federal government was set up to handle only the more "global" matters such as national defense, relations with other countries, ect., and was to leave local maters, such as local economics, to the states. So as I see it, you are probably right. At least the larger states that have a right lean to their policies {i.e. the states that have not collapsed their local economies, such as California } would still be able to function and carry on business as usual for a while at least.

Not to say that there would not be problems if the federal government collapsed, but as long as some other nation did not try and take advantage of the situation by invading, I believe the county would continue. Maybe we would even take advantage of the situation to reform the federal government and make it what is should be.
THE SHADOWMASTER

star87
Truth Seeker
Truth Seeker

Post by star87 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Personally, I am a firm believer in the sovereignty of each and every state in the Union. If the feds ever utterly fail, the rest of us will make it through. Well...on second thought...we may have to wave goodbye to the entire eastern seaboard (unless the Carolinas pull through) and California. But that's not a big loss. :lol:

Shadowmaster
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Post by Shadowmaster » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:14 pm

From what I know about Washington and Oregon, will go the way of California. In Washington they force what we call the D.M.V. to issue state I.D.'s to illegal immigrants.
{NO, I DON'T MEAN UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS, I MEAN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!!!}
THE SHADOWMASTER

star87
Truth Seeker
Truth Seeker

Post by star87 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:50 pm

To me, there is no such thing as an undocumented worker. Shakespeare was right when he said, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet". It's all the same thing! They are ILLEGALS! We aren't just rotting from our core, we are encouraging people to come and destroy us as well. It's sheer madness.